The ecological scientific and research stationary center in Labytnangi is marking its jubilee
13:01 30 мая 2014
Категории: News in English
60 years ago academic science registered itself in Yamal. This is the age of the ecological scientific and research stationary center in Labytnangi.
Everything started in May of 1954, when the academy of sciences of the USSR entrusted to organize scientific researches in districts of the Far North. Stanislav Shwarts made the beginning of the stationary center in Yamal. Full-scale study of fauna in Ural region was started under his leadership. Work was especially active in the 80-s: scientific employees went to numerous field expeditions, as «Vesti Yamala» informs.
Time was passing, and the territory of the stationary center (3 hectares of land) turned into the green oasis owing to efforts of its employees. Later, the planted forest became the platform for observations over plants and animals. Transplanted plants were brought here each autumn. A botanist Rozhdestvenskiy was busy with planting of greenery on northern territories, the towns Labytnangi, Salekhard, Nadym. He placed orders for seeds of plants from different zones of Russia and grew them here. All this information was given by the director of the branch of the Institute of ecology of plants and animals at the Ural branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences Viktor Shtro.