“Yamal Comics”. The story of grandmother from Denmark was started in Novy Port
11:22 2 июля 2020
Категории: News in English
The Museum and Exhibition complex of Ivan Shemanovskiy is summing up the results of the contest “Yamal Comics”. 23 people participated in it. The majority is representing Yamal – Labytnangi, Noviy Urengoy, Salekhard, the settlements Purpe of Purovskiy district and Tazovskiy of Tazovskiy district.
8 works were made in co-authorship, when an artist drew pictures of a comic on the basis of a story of another person. Thus, there are stories from children, who now live in Saint-Petersburg, Nizhny Novgorod and even in Athens, telling about childhood and work in the arctic region. A wonderful story is from a family living in Denmark, it is about Grandmother Anna, who lived in Yamal and worked in the settlement Novy Port.
According to the information given to a correspondent of the news agency “Sever-Press” in the regional museum, when the idea of the contest appeared last spring, they were anxious – what if not many people would answer. But the museum employees believed – a comic book would find the path to hearts of authors, and they were right.
The results of the contest will be announced at the opening of the exhibition-contest “Yamal Comics” on the 3rd of September within work of the VI International festival “Week of graphics and design in the capital of Yamal”.
The comics “The Dream” by Sofia Volovichenko can be found here.
(The translation of the comics “The Dream” by Sofia Volovichenko:
- I was born in warm Yoshkar-Ola. But when I was 3 years old, my parents told me: “We are moving to the North”.
- During the whole evening my mom told me about snowdrifts of fantastic height, twisty rivers and amazing tundra animals. Since then I had the dream: to see a reindeer! On the whole our difficult way I was asking: is the reindeer big, is it strong, what antlers it has?
- We settled in Tarko-Salye. Again everything went as usual. But one day became a real miracle for me…
- “Where are we going?” – “It is a holiday today! The Reindeer Herder’s Day”.
- “The reindeer! Northern.” ).